by Joe Grubb
A Standard Practice?
One of the standard practices in the off-site records storage industry is the charging of permanent removal, and other associated costs, when storage is removed.
The theory is that there are costs associated with:
- Pulling the material
- Placing the material on a pallet
- Placing the pallet in an area for pick-up
- Shrink-wrapping the pallet
- Removing/updating data in the vendor’s records system
- All reports associated with removal
By having permanent removal costs outlined in an agreement,