Consulting Services For Law Firms and Legal Departments
Document (Word) processing consulting service engagements with Mattern & Associates involve a deep dive into your staffing, workflow, and existing policies and procedures including:
- new job creation, instructions, queuing, prioritizing, categorizing, and operator assignment;
- job tracking:
- user access
- job completion
- productivity per staff
- intake jobs per hours / shifts
- document file quality control
- delivery and feedback
- technology tools including submission and dashboarding
- overtime utilized.
Clients can specifically expect to receive:
- a current-state assessment including how well your document (Word) processing costs and contractual terms and conditions are performing relative to your peers and the industry;
- benchmarks for key service levels and staff productivity;
- a comparative breakdown of costs benchmarked against industry in-house and outsourced operations;
- an analysis of end-user satisfaction;
- recommendations for improvement to key policy and procedural areas;
- an analysis of overtime, weekend, and third shift usage;
- best practice recommendations including:
- automating manual processes and workflows
- improving document (word) processing transaction efficiency
- streamlining the use of existing technology to better manage the end user and document processing department
- delineation and support ratios for document processing operators and secretarial support staff.
Client Benefits – Process Improvement, Cost Reduction, and Expense Recovery
The firm receives technology and workflow recommendations to streamline the document creation process. Whether performed in-house, or with the assistance of a third party provider, the firm attains a cost-effective workflow process that compliments how and when their attorneys work. From remote support in Centers of Excellence (with expanded service hours), to a traditional on-site presence, there are multiple service delivery options available in today’s market . Let Mattern be the trusted advisor in choosing the solution that is the best fit for your firm.
Every firm needs someone that has the expertise and ability to drill down into levels that most people don’t even think about. Mattern & Associates provided us with benchmarks that weren’t available to us. It’s hard work that requires enormous amounts of background analysis-and Mattern & Associates is very good at the analysis.
- Director of Firm-Wide Vendor Relations, Leading Business and Litigation Practice with Global Reach