Support Service Consulting For Law Firms and Legal Departments
The scope of an in-house support services / outsourced legal services consulting engagement typically includes many of the following:
- Mail / Messenger Facsimile Services
- Office Supplies
- In-House and Offsite Records Management
- Litigation Support / eDiscovery Services
- Document (Word) Processing
- Accounts Payable
- Help Desk/Call Center
- Secretarial Pool
Clients can expect to receive:
- a current-state assessment and a review of how well your in-house support services and/or outsourced legal services are performing, including a peer and industry comparison of your support service costs, workflows, expense recoveries, and contract terms and conditions;
- process, staffing, equipment and technology recommendations;
- cost avoidance and alternative expense recovery options;
- a customized and Mattern-managed RFP
- a flexible and firm-friendly contract for services, including penalty-based service level agreements and effective monthly reporting; and
- contract monitoring (for compliance and committed delivery) for the term of the Agreement.
Client Benefits – Process Improvement, Cost Reduction, and Expense Recovery
Clients benefit from in-house and outsourced legal business process improvements, reduced costs, greater client and end-user satisfaction, and the most competitive contract pricing and terms on the market…all while you concentrate on your core competency of delivering legal services to your clients.
Average savings from a Mattern in-house / outsourced legal services consulting evaluation contract are 26%.
Bringing in Mattern to work on these outsourcing projects was probably the best decision we ever made. Their expertise, their organization, and their ability to share and communicate information were unsurpassed. Mattern’s expert guidance is invaluable. Mattern & Associates is everything they say they are. They structured their process and agreements in highly methodical ways and truly were unbiased. I am in awe of how Mattern conducts their RFP processes.
- Director of Administration, Multi-National Firm