Consulting Services for Law Firms and Legal Departments
Typical targets for analysis during an off-site records management consulting services engagement include:
- costs associated with:
- service delivery;
- digital tape storage;
- workflows for addressing and meeting retention policies
- contractual terms that address firm’s short and long-term goals for reducing off-site storage
Clients can specifically expect to receive:
- a current-state assessment including how your off-site records storage costs and contractual terms compare to your peers and the rest of the industry;
- process recommendations that align with your short and long-term goals and storage retention policies;
- a customized and Mattern-managed records management RFP (request for proposal)
- firm-friendly contract for storage and services including incentives for addressing retention schedules, penalty-based service level agreements, and a well-defined exit strategy; and
- transition oversight and on-going contract monitoring (for compliance and committed delivery) for the term of your Agreement.
Client Benefits – Cost Reduction and Retention Policy Compliance
Our clients typically experience increased process efficiency and reduced storage and service costs averaging around 35%. Their permanent withdrawal fees typically reduce by 25—100%.
We were extremely pleased with the entire process Mattern led us through. Mattern’s experience and fundamental knowledge of the marketplace greatly benefited Thompson Coburn.
- Larry Schulte, Director of Administration, Thompson Coburn