What new products and services will be showcased at LegalTech next week?
For the support services, you will see the following in the Exhibits at the Hilton:
- The continuing melding of workflow and cost recovery software that will avoid multiple user entry to route scans and capture them for recovery.
- Cloud -based storage
- Offsite record storage vendors that want to manage your onsite records offsite
- Less expensive Multi-functional devices (MFDs) with more features by all the major manufacturers – Ricoh, Xerox, Canon, Konica Minolta
- Litigation and eDiscovery vendors that are getting more aggressive in trying to manage your in-house operations or be the “go to” offsite vendor.
- Outsourcing vendors that promise to relieve you of the burden of managing your back (Digital Services, Reprographics, Mail, etc.) and middle office operation (Accounts Payable, Human Resources, Graphics, Word Processing) with substantial cost reductions and increased efficiencies.
Not to be simplistic, but if it is too good to be true, it probably is. Do your homework, get competitive proposals, and negotiate the contract with detailed performance standards and reporting. Also keep the end in mind, negotiating how to end the contract is as important as how to maintain it, and don’t overlook the substantial benefits of a strong cost recovery program.
Click here to read our most recent article published in ABA Journal’s Law Technology Today, “Cost Recovery Strategies That Work for the New Legal Market,” to learn the concrete and significant benefits of recovery strategies done right.
We hope you find some useful and concrete takeaways. If you are interested in discussing your specific situation please contact Rob directly at email@example.com.
I hope you have an enjoyable and productive time at LegalTech.