Chadds Ford, PA – May 11, 2016 – Legal support services consulting firm Mattern & Associates, LLC announces today that President Rob Mattern and Director of Client Technology and Strategy Stephen Cole will present “Back Office to the Future” at the ALA Annual Conference & Expo in Los Angeles, California. Mattern & Associates is a year over year sponsor of the ALA Annual Conference and will exhibit throughout the week at Booth #531; the Business Matters session will be held on Monday, May 23rd from 12:15-12:45pm in West Hall A, Theater B.
Demand for legal services is not weak, but is growing globally—traditional law firms are just getting less of the pie. Law firms’ success now depends on the firm’s ability to manage cash flow and drive profitability against margin. The law firm back office can be the front line for firms building the lean, competitive organizations required in a changing and competitive legal market—as well as a strategic area to protect key areas of cost recovery and subsequent revenue streams.
The Business Matters Session on Monday, May 23rd, “Back Office to the Future,” will be led by president of Mattern & Associates, Rob Mattern, and Director of Client Technology and Strategy, Stephen Cole, focusing on how to position firms’ back office operation to be cost-effective with built-in flexibilities that meet the continually changing needs of your end users at the intersection of technology and outsourcing. Specifically, Rob and Stephen will discuss:
- How to take traditional areas of outsourcing (reprographics, mail, etc.) and make them more cost-effective and efficient with added benefits to the firm.
- What new areas – document processing, records, litigation support, and administrative resources should be reviewed and considered for outsourcing?
- How the recovery of costs is a key factor in this process and the one area that most firms tend to leave money on the table.
Incorporated into the discussion will be highlights from the following:
- Mattern & Associates 2015 Outsourcing Benchmarking Report
- Mattern & Associates 2015 Managed eDiscovery and Litigation Support Benchmarking Report
- Mattern & Associates 2016 Cost Recovery Survey predictions
Rob Mattern comments, “A lean operation is not only a mandate in today’s law firm market, but is a potential revenue source for firms. Alternative models in back office operations are delivering exceptional results for law firms across the industry. This year’s session is particularly timely with the advent of the 2016 Cost Recovery Survey, as we continue to provide industry-leading benchmarks for firms to make the business case for strategy in these areas. We’ll look forward to discussing all of these trends, successes—and failures– during our Business Matters session and at our booth at the conference.”
For more information on back office strategy and cost recovery opportunities, read “Beyond Traditional Back Office Outsourcing” in the Mattern of Fact Blog.