The 13th Annual COO CFO Forum starts Thursday at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Manhattan. This is one of the industry’s premiere events, designed for law firm COOs and CFOs to convene and discuss market strategies affecting the business of law. We always look forward to Dan Pietro and James Jones kicking off the event with a deep dive into market trends and analysis.
This year’s theme focuses on innovation, and the first day features several excellent sessions, including “Time and Tide: Implementing Innovation Across the Firm,” featuring these folks:
- Joe Mendola, National Segment Manager, Legal Specialty Group, Wells Fargo Private Bank
- Scott Bravi, Chief Information Officer, Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld LLP
- Pat Cavaney, Chief Operating Officer, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Tracie Crook, Chief Operating Officer, McCarthy Tétrault LLP Ron Friedmann, Senior Consultant, Fireman & Company
- Jeff Grossman, Senior Director of Banking & Wealth Management, Legal Specialty Group, Wells Fargo Private Bank
We also look forward to: “Managing 360º: How Business Professionals Can Help Foster Innovation in their Firms,” featuring:
- Amanda K. Brady, Global Practice Leader – Law Firm Management, Major, Lindsey & Africa Panelists:
- James K. Dixon, Chief Operating Officer, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP
- Kenneth W. Johnsen, Chief Operating Officer & Chief Financial Officer, Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Jeffrey C. Schwarz, Chief Operating Officer, Polsinelli PC
Rob Mattern will be leading off day two of the 13th Annual COO CFO Forum in New York City with an Executive Breakfast Workshop on Friday at 8:30am: “Strategic Expense Management and Successful Cost Recovery in Today’s Legal Market.”
Rob’s executive workshop will explore how firms can further reduce their back-office expenses while improving services to attorney end-users by taking advantage of the changing legal market landscape. Rob will address whether cost recovery is a key component of strategic expense management and, if so, what do today’s successful cost recovery strategies look like. This portion of the discussion will incorporate the results of the latest Mattern & Associates Cost Recovery Survey and illustrate how to use the Survey data to structure law firms’ operations to maximize recovery.
To learn more about 13th Annual COO CFO Forum or register for the event, click here.