Consulting Services for Law Firms and Legal Departments
When Mattern & Associates consults to evaluate your on-site legal records management processes, we typically do an in-depth and data-driven analysis of:
- overall records lifecycle workflow;
- existing policies and procedures;
- new file openings;
- tracking of files checked in, out, and transferred;
- document file maintenance for physical and electronic;
- digital workflow including document conversion;
- RM and DM database use;
- docketing process;
- conflict of interest;
- file closing; and
- offsite storage use.
Clients can expect to receive:
- a current-state assessment including how well your on-site legal records management processes, staffing, compliance, and productivity are performing relative to your peers and the rest of the industry;
- a comparative breakdown of your costs benchmarked against industry in-house and outsourced operations;
- recommendations for improvement to key policy and procedural areas; and
- best practice recommendations for:
- automating manual processes and workflows;
- improving records transaction efficiency;
- streamlining the use of existing technology to better manage the integration of physical and electronic record assets;
- reducing physical files;
- addressing procedures for electronic file maintenance; and
- creating a digital conversion path (versus paper storage) for active and inactive records.
Client Benefits – Cost Reduction and Retention Policy Compliance
You receive a mix of technology, process, and policy recommendations for effectively managing your information (in all forms and locations), including an integrated workflow for managing both electronic and paper records. You gain greater access and visibility into securely stored information in compliance with firm policy. Legal records management recommendations include improving the services in-house, or utilizing a Mattern-managed RFP process to leverage the expertise of third-party providers.
Let Mattern’s records management consulting services be your guide when it comes to choosing the most cost-effective solution that delivers the level of service required in support of your information governance initiatives. Contact us today.