Firms are dynamic—so too, then, is efficiency. As your firm grows, merges, adds offices, replaces and upgrades equipment, it is common to continuously introduce a range of device manufacturers, maintenance plans, replacement part needs and more. However, this multiplicity negatively impacts operations, costs--and staff and attorneys’ efficiency.
A common mistake firms make is keeping older printers that are running well because they are fully depreciated – but this ignores service and supply costs for the equipment as well as the impact on your total output costs as they divert volume away from more cost-effective output devices.
By reducing the number of devices—consolidating printing, scanning, copying into a Multi-Functional Device (MFD)—reducing the number of different manufacturers, and improving the ratio of users-to-devices, your firm can achieve big savings in this must-have capacity—while also saving your attorneys valuable time.
Mattern specializes in helping law firms optimize their back-office efficiency. Our clients realize improved workflows that accommodate increased scanning, the need for color, and strategies for associated expense recovery — all resulting in significant output and input cost reductions and increased client and end-user satisfaction.
We help our law firm clients achieve this by:
- Mapping MFD and printer models and feature configurations.
- Evaluating existing scanning and printing processes, hardware, and software.
- Assessing services and operational data (service provider required/actual response times, preventative maintenance schedules, downtime reporting, consumable ordering process, etc.).
- Ascertaining costs for all equipment, technology, and supplies.
- Determining volume, usage, and placement for all devices.
- Reviewing current output/input and cost recovery methodologies.
What Do We Deliver To You?
Want to learn more? Check out these recent case studies and blog posts:
Hemenway & Barnes LLP Leverages Current Equipment to Achieve
Am Law 200 Firm Saves on Costs, Improves Service Levels by Outsourcing Records and Selecting New MFD Vendor
10 Ways to Tell if You’re Printing Away Your Law Firm’s Bottom Line
5 Ways to Reduce Your Output Costs