Firms are dynamic—so too, then, is efficiency. As your firm grows, merges, adds offices, replaces and upgrades equipment, it is common to continuously introduce a range of device manufacturers, maintenance plans, replacement part needs and more. However, this multiplicity negatively impacts operations, costs--and staff and attorneys’ efficiency.
A common mistake firms make is keeping older printers that are running well because they are fully depreciated – but this ignores service and supply costs for the equipment as well as the impact on your total output costs as they divert volume away from more cost-effective output devices.
By reducing the number of devices—consolidating printing, scanning, copying into a Multi-Functional Device (MFD)—reducing the number of different manufacturers, and improving the ratio of users-to-devices, your firm can achieve big savings in this must-have capacity—while also saving your attorneys valuable time.
Mattern specializes in helping law firms optimize their back-office efficiency. Our clients realize improved workflows that accommodate increased scanning, the need for color, and strategies for associated expense recovery — all resulting in significant output and input cost reductions and increased client and end-user satisfaction.
We help our law firm clients achieve this by:
- Mapping MFD and printer models and feature configurations.
- Evaluating existing scanning and printing processes, hardware, and software.
- Assessing services and operational data (service provider required/actual response times, preventative maintenance schedules, downtime reporting, consumable ordering process, etc.).
- Ascertaining costs for all equipment, technology, and supplies.
- Determining volume, usage, and placement for all devices.
- Reviewing current output/input and cost recovery methodologies.
What Do We Deliver To You?
Want to learn more? Check out these recent case studies and blog posts:
Am Law 200 Firm Saves on Costs, Improves Service Levels by Outsourcing Records and Selecting New MFD Vendor
10 Ways to Tell if You’re Printing Away Your Law Firm’s Bottom Line
5 Ways to Reduce Your Output Costs