Process Improvement, Cost Reduction, and Expense Recovery Strategies For Law Firms and Legal Departments
During a typical litigation support (eDiscovery) consulting services engagement, Mattern & Associates does a detailed examination of your existing:
- software tools;
- data storage and archiving methods;
- cost recovery opportunity; and
- Managed Services procurement, including Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), and access to litigation support professionals.
Clients can expect to receive:
- a current-state assessment including how well your litigation support (eDiscovery) costs and contractual terms and conditions are performing relative to your peers and the industry;
- workflow recommendations for the intake, culling, processing, and review of Electronically Stored Information (ESI)(including the use of analytics);
- alternative pricing models for improved recovery of costs (e.g., unit, hourly, flat fee);
- focus group outcomes (conducted with billing attorneys to review various pricing models for feedback/viability);
- projections for the net realization of new cost recovery methodologies based on the firm’s current realization rate.
You will receive recommendations for a sound litigation support offering that reduces cost, mitigates risk, and brings workflow best practices to an area experiencing an explosion in data sizes. Whether performed in-house, or with a third party provider, firms need a solution that safeguards client materials and effectively promotes manageable data sizes for attorney review. eDiscovery processes and costs are increasingly visibly to law firm clients and Mattern provides a blueprint for implementing a competitive solution with leading technology, methodologies for reducing cost, and the opportunity to maximize recoverable expenses.
Let Mattern guide you through this difficult process so you can reap the rewards knowing you’ve acquired the most current technology, workflow efficiencies, skill-sets, and terms and conditions on the market.